The Growing Home Caring Business
The home care industry has a very exciting and optimistic future.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 1.3 million additional jobs will be added to the home care industry through 2020. Compared with a 14 percent growth in all jobs nationwide, home care jobs will have closer to a 70 percent growth rate. (1)
Reasons for this substantial growth stem from a number of factors:
- Many more people are reaching an age where they will have a need for home care.
- By 2030, more than 70 million Americans will be age 65 or older. (2)
- Compared to assisted living facilities, in-home care is much more affordable and convenient, not to mention comforting for both the care recipient as well as his/her family.
- Physician approval has made in-home care a more viable option for many in the aging population.
- Better technology and medical advancements have made home care much easier and more reliable.
Aside from a financially successful forecast, in-home care is a business with high emotional reward. Having in-home care options makes life easier for both the care recipient and his/her family. But providing that crucial home care and lifestyle is also beneficial for caregivers and franchise owners. Home care is a business that actually helps people to live their best lives, and there is no job that provides more fulfillment than one that allows its workers to witness their life-changing impact on a daily basis.